Achievement Pins and Scholarships
Individual Achievement plans are offered to assist members in designing a yearly program for themselves which· takes optimum advantage of the 4-H experiences available. Achievement awards recognize the accomplishments earned by 4-Hers and awarded yearly during the annual Achievement Night Celebration at the end of the 4-H year. Applications due by October 1, and to be turned in with youth Record Books to the Extension Office.
The tasks required for each award gradually become more difficult and increase in number each year. In addition, the focus of achievement for each year moves from local club work for beginning awards to county, state, regional and national activities for more experienced members. The gold pin and the gold guard can only be received after the leadership and silver guard pins have been received.
Local 4-H Scholarships
2023 Local Scholarships:
- Dion Fezzell Memorial Scholarship - Applications are due to the Extension Office by March1, 2023
- The Irene and L.N. Hart 4-H Memorial College Scholarship- Applications are due to the Extension Office by March1, 2023
- Wyandotte County 4-H Council Scholarships - Applications due on ongoing basis. Please contact, Jessie Carr, 4-H Youth Development Agent
- Wyandotte County Fair Foundation Scholarship - Applications due to Wyandotte County Fair Foundation by February 15
State 4-H Scholarships
All applications with supporting documentation & reference letters must be submitted no later than March 1, 2023.
Kansas 4-H scholarships are for high school seniors and some are for college undergraduates. Please visit the Kansas 4-H Scholarship website for complete details on scholarship opportunities
Other 4-H Scholarships
- Kansas State Fair Grand Drive Scholarship - Applications due April 15