Achievement Pins and Scholarships
Individual Achievement plans are offered to assist members in designing a yearly program for themselves which· takes optimum advantage of the 4-H experiences available. Achievement awards recognize the accomplishments earned by 4-Hers and awarded yearly during the annual Achievement Night Celebration at the end of the 4-H year. Applications due by October 1, and to be turned in with youth Record Books to the Extension Office.
The tasks required for each award gradually become more difficult and increase in number each year. In addition, the focus of achievement for each year moves from local club work for beginning awards to county, state, regional and national activities for more experienced members. The gold pin and the gold guard can only be received after the leadership and silver guard pins have been received.
State 4-H Scholarships
NEW for 2021: All applications have been move to the online platform in Qualtrics replacing paper forms. Applications are due March 1, 2021.
The scholarships are for high school seniors and some are for college undergraduates. Please visit the Kansas 4-H Scholarship website for complete details on each application's requirements for submission.
- Kansas 4-H Scholarship Application
- 2021 List of Available State Scholarships
- NEW Process for applying in 2021: New Vanier Family Scholarship link
- NEW Process for Applying in 2021: Renewal Vanier Family Scholarship Link
Local/Other 4-H Scholarships
- Dion Fezzell Memorial Scholarship - Applications are due to the Extension Office by January 15
- Kansas State Fair Grand Drive Scholarship - Applications due April 15
- The Irene and L.N. Hart 4-H Memorial College Scholarship- Applications are due to the Extension Office by January 15
- Wyandotte County Fair Foundation Scholarship - Applications due to Wyandotte County Fair Foundation by February 15
- Wyandotte County 4-H Council Scholarships - Applications due on ongoing basis. Please contact, Debra Sweeten, 4-H Program Assistant, email@example.com