Home and Family
Formerly known as Home Economics, the mission of Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) is to link education with life experiences to help people improve their lives, their families and their communities.
Families need practical, trustworthy information, skills, and assets to improve their quality of life and contribute to their communities. With an understanding that personal, family and community well-being is dependent upon many kinds of knowledge and skills which are intertwined and inseparable, K-State Research and Extension Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Agents provide a broad base of expertise to help solve complicated problems by teaching essential living skills.
Dr. Chiquita Miller is our Home and Family agent. She specializes in:
- Budgeting and Basic Record Keeping
- Clothing, Sewing and Laundry Education
- Cut the Clutter and Get Organized
- Dressing Professionally on a Budget
- Essential Living Skills Programs
- Hoarding: The Impact of Compulsive Keepers
- Radon Awareness Program for Kansas
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program Management