• Extension Nutrition Educator
Title: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) Educator
Primary Responsibility: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed)
Location: Wyandotte County; Kansas City, Kansas
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with County Extension Agent(s) to assess the nutrition and health needs of low-income residents.
- Coordinate, prepare and deliver curriculum-based nutrition education programming to limited resource groups and individuals of various ages in settings such as: Housing Authorities, Food Banks, Schools, etc.
- Develop partnerships and contacts with local service agencies, school districts and other community organizations.
- Serve as the local SNAP-Ed program and K-State Research & Extension representative for Wyandotte County.
- Participate in local community coalitions to promote, implement and support initiatives for Policy, System and Environmental changes related to SNAP-Ed goals and objectives.
- Gather data and compile county SNAP-Ed reports and records for submission to the state SNAP-Ed office on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.