Lawn and Garden
Do you have lawn and garden questions? Please contact Lynn Loughary our KSRE
Horticulture Agent at 299-9300, ext 104 or by email email@example.com.
Maintaining attractive communities and home landscapes increases property values and promotes an improved quality of life. Whether you have questions about lawns, vegetables, flowers, or landscape maintenance, Extension information is available for all who live and work in Wyandotte County --homeowners, lawn services, and nurseries. We are prepared to provide you with non biased, research-based information.
The Wyandotte County demonstration gardens display current horticulture practices related to flowers, gardening and composting. Our trained Extension Master Gardener volunteers help consumers with information about planting, care of lawns, and gardens.
2024 K-State Garden Hour Webinar Series
Join K-State Research and Extension Horticulture Agents the first and third Wednesday each month from Noon to 1:00 pm CST for this free educational gardening series. Each sesason brings tangible tips to Kansans to make their gardening dreams come true.
Educational Articles and Videos
- Color Filled Shade Garden
- 365 Days of Color
- Climate Change and You: What a Gardener can do now!
- Hummingbirds in Kansas
- Cut Flowers Class
- Plan to Simplify: Plant to Enjoy!
- Bulbs Class
- Simplify Your Life with Low Maintenance Succulents & House Plants
- Transform a Site to Pollinator Garden
- Pesky Weeds
- From Seeds to Table
- Container Gardening
- Gardening for Birds with Native Plants
- Small Space Gardening
- No-Sow Garden
- Growing Natives in Northeast Kansas
- The Healing Herb Garden
- Seasons of Beauty with Shrubs
- Creating a Sensory Garden
- Mazimizing Space in Your Small Food Garden
- Garden Paths and Raised Beds
- Tulips, Wind Generation, Flood Management in Holland
- Native Plant Seed Collecting, Storing, and Starting
- Thinking Outside the Arbor: Rethinking Clematis Pruning and Cultivation
- Good Bugs Bad Bugs
- Tracking Active Mole Tunnels
- Setting Mole Traps
- Cuttings to Grow Inside for Winter
- Paperwhites for Winter Fragrance
- 10 Tips for Selecting Plants
- Building a Raised Bed for Gardens