Lawn and Garden
Do you have lawn and garden questions? Please contact Lynn Loughary our KSRE
Horticulture Agent at 299-9300, ext 104 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintaining attractive communities and home landscapes increases property values and promotes an improved quality of life. Whether you have questions about lawns, vegetables, flowers, or landscape maintenance, Extension information is available for all who live and work in Wyandotte County --homeowners, lawn services, and nurseries. We are prepared to provide you with non biased, research-based information.
The Wyandotte County demonstration gardens display current horticulture practices related to flowers, gardening and composting. Our trained Extension Master Gardener volunteers help consumers with information about planting, care of lawns, and gardens.
2022 K-State Garden Hour Webinar Series
Join K-State Research and Extension Horticulture Agents the first and third Wednesday each month from Noon to 1:00 pm CST for this free educational gardening series. Each sesason brings tangible tips to Kansans to make their gardening dreams come true.
- K-State Garden Hour Website - All training topics and presenters listed
- One-step registration for ALL webinars
Educational Articles and Videos
- Climate Change and You: What a Gardener can do now!
- Hummingbirds in Kansas
- Cut Flowers Class
- Plan to Simplify: Plant to Enjoy!
- Bulbs Class
- Simplify Your Life with Low Maintenance Succulents & House Plants
- Transform a Site to Pollinator Garden
- Pesky Weeds
- From Seeds to Table
- Container Gardening
- Gardening for Birds with Native Plants
- Small Space Gardening
- No-Sow Garden
- Growing Natives in Northeast Kansas
- Building a Raised Bed for Gardens
- Flower Bed Design
- Consider Tree Size When Planting
- Butterfly Gardens
- Bagworms - Controlling
- Common Tomato Problems - part 1
- Common Tomato Problems - part 2