Wyandotte County Home
Salvaging and handling food after power outages may raise questions and present challenges. Refer to these resources to help recover food from a disaster.
Power Outage and Food Safety
- What to do if the Freezer Stops (Spanish)
- If Your Home Freezer Stops
- Consumer's Guide to Food Safety: Severe Storms
- Removing Odors from Refrigerators & Freezers
- Key Tips for Consumers About Food Safety
(Visit the Disasters and Power Outages page for more information on planning for emergencies and food safety after fire or flood.)
Have Questions About Specific Foods in Your Fridge or Freezer?
- Refrigerated Food and Power Outages: When to Save and When to Throw Out
- Frozen Food and Power Outages: When to Save and When to Throw Out
And for NORMAL storage (in non-disaster situations)...