Join us for recorded Zoom meetings here! This page will allow you to watch recorded meetings on topics pertaining to 4-H projects, and download supplemental materials as needed. By having meetings through Zoom families are able to attend from the comforts of their home, or during other activities.
Livestock and Horse Safety Meeting
- Who?- WyCo 4-Hers enrolled in large livestock or horse projects
- What?- While utilizing the K-State Safety video, join us for a conversation about:1. The importance of minimizing injuries through planning
2. Understand how animals react in a variety of environments, and how to prepare them for showcasing events
3. Recognize how to maintain buildings and setup for showcasing events, and at home
4. Show ring safety, preparing for showcasing events
5. How to interact with the public and press at showcasing events and how to promote your project to the public to provide education and engagement.
6. Have conversations together about how to continue to enhance our livestock and horse projects to be the best in Kansas.
- When?- Feb. 15, 2019; 6-7 p.m.
- Where?- Zoom, https://ksu.zoom.us/j/603145621
- Why?- In order to continue to grow and enhance our 4-H livestock and horse projects, while educating the public, it's important to review basic concepts annually. This meeting will encourage participants to work together in creating marketing materials to promote their projects, prepare for showcasing events and continue creating safe and positive environments for youth participants and event attendees.
Supplemental Project Materials
- Youth Livestock Safety Lesson- Beef Project
- Youth Livestock Safety Lesson- Dairy Project
- Youth Livestock Safety Lesson- Horse Project
- Youth Livestock Safety Lesson- Meat Goat Project
- Youth Livestock Safety Lesson- Sheep Project
- Youth Livestock Safety Lesson- Swine Project
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Rural Safety and Animal Health Flier
- University of Minnesota Extension Safety with Animals Flier
- Zoonotic Diseases- All species
- Risk Management Checklist (general reference)
Quarter 2 Club and Project Leader Training
- Who?- WyCo 4-H volunteers who want their meetings and events to be AWESOME!
1. The importance of creating a welcoming, inviting and inclusive environment at meetings
2. Learn how to create fun elements youth with enjoy during meetings
3. Learn how to conduct a club assessment
4. Ways to meet the needs of youth through hosting effective and fun meetings
- When?- March 28, 2019; 6-7 p.m.
- Where?- Zoom, https://ksu.zoom.us/j/842953768
- Why?- In order to continue to grow and enhance our 4-H community club and project meeting experiences we need to continue to conduct self-evaluation of our groups, learn more about the needs of youth and of our community to continue growing and shaping tomorrow's leaders.