4-H Summer Showcase during the Wyandotte County Fair
An annual event where community club 4-H members exhibit an end product of their current 4-H projects for evaluation. Judging is done by a variety of evaluation methods. Exhibitors are awarded purple, blue, red, or white ribbons based upon a judge's decision and the Danish Ribbon System. Purple winners are eligible for State Fair if age requirements are met, and there is a State Fair division for the project. A 4-H Showcase Exhibitor Handbook explaining rules and divisions for 4-H exhibitors is below.
Kansas 4-Her Shares How Preparing for Showcasing Events Teaches Life Skills
Life skills are: Concern for the community, an inquiring mind, sound decision making, healthy interpersonal communications, and a positive self concept
Registration for WyCo 4-H Summer Showcase Entries through FairEntry
May 2 and closes on June 14 at midnight.
FairEntry Support for Families
- Only youth enrolled through ks.4honline.com, who are active may enter 4-H Divisions during the Summer Showcase
- Youth must be enrolled in project areas they wish to exhibit in by May 1 annually
- WyCo 4-H Summer Showcase FairEntry Recording by Nicole Crosson, 4-H Youth Development Agent
- Overview of FairEntry System
- Logging into FairEntry with 4-H Online System (WyCo 4-H entries must be registered through 4-H Online to enter 4-H Divisions)
- Tips for Exhibitors Making Entries
- Tips for Family Entries
- FairEntry Help Resource Page- Multiple resources for different topics
Important 4-H Summer Showcase during the Wyandotte County Fair Forms/Guides
Please check with current project leaders or Extension Office if you have any questions on what is needed to participate at the WyCo 4-H Summer Showcase.
Horse ID Paper - This is an updated form and MUST be used.